RfP to 5 bidders for Vizag’s metro rail issued by AMRC

‘Kinley Vizag Bay Marathon-2018’
November 5, 2018
Vizag Steel Plant Junior Trainees results
November 9, 2018

RfP to 5 bidders for Vizag’s metro rail issued by AMRC

39 Views

Vizag’s metro is a proposed mass rapid transit (MRT) system in the Indian city of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. This system is initiated to fend off the traffic congestion also to arrange modern transport in the city.
Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (AMRC), the beheading agency for Vizag metro rail project, issued a request for protocol (RfP) on Wednesday and also the concession agreement to all 5 shortlisted bidders. The shortlisted ones include Adani Enterprises Limited, TRIL Urban Transport Pvt Ltd in union with Tata Projects, Essel Infra Projects and IL&FS Rail Ltd, Shapoorji Pallonji and Co Pvt Limited.

NP Ramakrishna Reddy, AMRC Managing director said that the estimated cost of this metro project excluding the land cost will be 8,300 crores. Andhra Pradesh Government will provide 52% of the cost headed for civil infrastructure development. Authorization should bring the rest 48% for the development of non-civil infrastructure.

Ramakrishna Reddy also said that the AMRC will finalize the winning bidder by February 2019. The substantial measure of land belongs to the government, which easily benefits to carry forward the project. Requests are made to the state to provide additional land of about 250 acres. This extra land is for property development. With this project, in total 39 metro stations will come up.

The state in its recent order detailed the Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation as Visakhapatnam metropolitan area for developing the project. In prior, MEC had given the authority of ownership of the metro rail project on Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region Development Authority (VMRDA). VMRDA made it clear that it will clinch a very nominal financial stake as long as the huge cost will get involved in the project.

Comments

comments

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Signup for our newsletter and get notified when we publish new articles for free!