India-WI ODI ticket prices slashed

India trust more forging partnerships than alliances
October 9, 2018
Digital economy was the future
October 11, 2018

India-WI ODI ticket prices slashed

81 Views

In an attempt to attract more crowd, the Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) has reduced the higher denomination ticket prices for India versus West Indies ODI cricket match, scheduled to be played at Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA stadium in the city on October 24.

It may recalled that the BCCI had shifted the second ODI between India and West Indies, scheduled to be played on October 24 in Indore, to the city following the dispute over the distribution of complimentary passes.

Revised rates

The ticket denomination for the ODI has been reduced from Rs.6,000 to Rs. 4,000 while Rs. 3,500 ticket has been reduced to Rs. 2,500 and the tickets prices at Rs. 2,500 will be sold at Rs.2,000. The remaining tickets have been priced as Rs.1,800, Rs.1,200, Rs.750, Rs.500 and Rs.250.

The capacity of Vizag stadium is 27,500 and the ACA has decided to sell 90% (24,000) tickets of the total and will distribute the rest 3,500 tickets among its affiliated units and others as complementary passes.

Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) Chairman M.T. Krishna Babu, who is also chairman of the organising committee of the match, said the ACA would vend the tickets from October 15 and most of the tickets will be sold on www.eventsnow.com.

“We are also planning to sell some 6,000 tickets through ten offline counters at various places in the city,” he added.

Considering the lukewarm response for the higher denominations in a few previous matches held in the city, the ACA has reduced the ticket prices. ACA Secretary Ch. Arun Kumar said they had accepted to conduct the match and would be adhering to the new BCCI constitution that restricts the distribution of complimentary tickets to 10% , making public sale for the rest 90% mandatory.

 

source: The Hindu

Comments

comments

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Signup for our newsletter and get notified when we publish new articles for free!